Need-based Scholarships: Tax Transcript Instructions
Applicants to the DSA Memorial Scholarship (need-based) must submit proof of financial need. Here's how to obtain a copy of your tax transcript from the IRS.
Updated January 2, 2020
The IRS allows individuals to apply for a transcript of their tax return with the 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return. The transcript provides relevant data in summary without putting your privacy at risk.
To complete your scholarship application:
- Mail or fax Form 4506-T to the IRS
- Request data for previous tax year(s), at minimum the most recent available calendar year
- The IRS will mail the tax transcript to your address of record.
- Note: This is different than prior years; the IRS no longer mails this transcript directly to third-parties.
- You must submit the transcript to the DSA
- Scan and email the document to email@example.com with the subject "Tax Transcript"
- Or mail a copy of the document to Dalcroze Society of America, 22 Acken Ln, Princeton, NJ 08504
Do not send any of the complete tax documents you filed with the IRS. These contain personal data the DSA will not take responsibility for and they will not be accepted. Any questions regarding this protocol, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This process may take up to 4 weeks.
Therefore, we encourage you to submit the form to the IRS as soon as possible. Need-based scholarship applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and limited funds are available.