Updated June 7, 2023
Information We Collect
When you visit our Properties, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you voluntarily provide to us, such as your name, user name, address, phone number, email address and other contact information.
- When you sign on to our Properties or make a purchase with us, we may collect additional contact and payment information, payment history, profile and preference information that you provide.
- Location Information. We may also collect geolocation data pertaining to your mobile device. This data may consist of precise latitude/longitude coordinates and may be linked to a device ID. We may use this location data to send you relevant information and offers from the DSA. Certain of our mobile applications may also use this information to determine if you are attending one of our events. If you are, we may present you with information relevant to such participation. You may control how we use your device’s location information by visiting the settings menu of your mobile device. Please note that if you limit sharing of geolocation data, certain features of the mobile application may not work.
The DSA may use the information that we have collected for purposes including, but not limited to:
- Fulfilling purchase and other requests made by visitors;
- Providing the benefits of DSA membership, including non-promotional DSA communications;
- Improving and customizing the content of our Properties;
- Contacting members and those who visit our websites about new DSA products and services or upcoming events;
- Responding to requests for products, services, and/or information;
- Notifying visitors about updates to our Properties;
- Contacting visitors for marketing purposes, including by sending announcements on behalf of third parties;
- For our research, recordkeeping, and reporting purposes; and
- Complying with law and maintaining the security of our Properties.
The DSA may share information collected through our Properties with other parties. These may include:
- Service providers, agents, or contractors authorized to perform services on our behalf, such as providing support for our internal operations or providing website analytics to improve our Properties;
- Individual members of the DSA to promote collaboration and connection within our community; and
- Associations and working groups for research purposes.
The DSA may share such information in the following circumstances:
- Pursuant to a court order, subpoena, or other legal or government process or inquiry;
- If we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law, or that disclosure is necessary to prevent a crime, or to protect personal property, the public, or our Properties;
- As part of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the DSA; and
- As otherwise disclosed at the time of collection or use.
From time to time, the DSA may also share information collected through our Properties with other reputable third-party organizations whose products or services we feel may be of interest to you or to deliver on our behalf DSA advertisements to you on other websites you visit. We may occasionally send you messages from third-parties on their behalf, and you will be able to opt-out of future third-party announcements if you choose to opt-out as set forth below.
We use the web analytics service Google Analytics from Google Ireland Limited (Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland; 'Google') on our website.
The data processing serves the purpose of analyzing this website and its visitors as well as for marketing and advertising purposes. For this purpose, Google will use the information obtained on our behalf as the operator of this website to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide us with other services related to website activity and internet usage. The following information, among others, can be collected: IP address, date and time of the page view, click path, information about the browser you are using and the device you are using (device), pages visited, referrer URL (website from which you accessed our website), location data, purchase activities. The IP address of your browser transmitted by Google Analytics is not linked to any other Google data.
Google Analytics uses technologies such as cookies, web storage in the browser and tracking pixels, which enable an analysis of your use of the website. The information about your use of our website generated by the Google Analytics cookies is normally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. There is no adequacy decision by the EU Commission for the USA. The data transmission takes place i.a. on the basis of standard contractual clauses as appropriate guarantees for the protection of personal data and is available at: https://policies.google.com/privacy/frameworks and https://business.safety.google/ adsprocessorterms/. Both Google and US government agencies have access to your data. Your data may be linked by Google with other data, such as your search history, your personal accounts, your usage data from other devices and any other data that Google has about you.
IP anonymization is activated on this website. However, when you activate IP anonymization on our website, Google shortens your IP address within the Member States of the European Union or in other countries that are parties to the European Marketing Area Treaty. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
Cookies or comparable technologies are used with your consent on the basis of § 25 (1) TTDSG in conjunction with Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR. Your personal data will be processed with your consent on the basis of Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR. You can revoke your consent at any time without affecting the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent up to the revocation.
Google Tag Manager
This website uses Google Tag Manager. Google is a group of companies and consists of the companies Google Ireland Ltd. (provider of the service), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland and Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA and other affiliated companies of Google LLC.
This service allows you to administer so-called website tags centrally via an interface. Google Tag Manager implements only tags. No cookies are used and no personal data are collected.
However, Google Tag Manager does not access these data. If certain domains/websites or cookies were deactivated, it remains in place for all tracking tags provided that they are implemented using Google Tag Manager.
If you do not wish to receive information about new DSA products and services, third-party announcements we may send you, or upcoming events, you may opt-out of receiving promotional DSA communications by sending an email request to email@example.com. You may opt out from receiving information from us at any time and ask us to remove your contact information from our database. An opt-out link will be provided with any communication from us.
Please note that DSA members who opt-out of promotional DSA communications will continue to receive non-promotional DSA communications via email (such as member newsletters and membership information) that are provided as conditions of DSA membership. If you do not wish to have your information shared with third-party companies as previously described, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating such.
You may also contact us to indicate your preferences by mail:
Dalcroze Society of America
6375 Penn Ave Suite B
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Registered users of this site may update their information by logging in to this site and changing their information.
We undertake reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard the confidentiality of your information from unauthorized access or disclosure.
Dalcroze Society of America
6375 Penn Ave Suite B
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Or via email at: email@example.com