Explore listings from employers seeking qualified Dalcroze educators.
Updated June 20, 2019
Bard College Conservatory of Music: Preparatory Division, Early Childhood Music Teacher
Location: Annandale-on-Hudson, New York
To Begin: September 2019
The Bard College Conservatory of Music Preparatory Division seeks an Early Childhood Music specialist to teach Music and Movement, Children's Chorus, and possible other classes for students ages 0-6. Classes meet on Saturdays at Bard College (Annandale-on-Hudson, NY) for 15 weeks per semester and the Early Childhood teacher may also participate in the 2-week summer program in July.
- Bachelor's of Music Degree in Music Performance or Education or comparable training in Dalcroze, Orff, or Kodaly methods.
- Experience working with children from birth to 6 years old in a class setting
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work independently.
- Master's Degree in Music Performance or Education
- Certification in Dalcroze, Orff, or Kodaly methods
- Piano Performance Training
Teachers with expertise in voice or other instrumental performance might have other teaching and/or performing opportunities.
Search will take place until a candidate is selected.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply. We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher who can connect with young students and their families.
Please contact program director Ryan Kamm at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. To apply please email resume and brief cover letter outlining your teaching experience to email@example.com and please include Early Childhood Music Teacher in the subject line.
Buttonwood Academy, Dalcroze Teacher
Location: Beijing, China
Date: July 7-20, 2019
A Dalcroze teacher is needed this summer for the Buttonwood Academy of Music in Beijing. Their inaugural summer arts camp is taking place from July 7th until July 20th. Dalcroze certificate holders or licentiates with experience teaching the age of toddlers and up to at least middle school may apply for this position. Being a Dalcroze teacher trainer or having experience teaching adults is a bonus, but not required.
Please email Leslie Upchurch at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details. She will give you information regarding the school and her experiences in Beijing. Leslie taught classes for the first Buttonwood Academy’s program this past winter.
The director, Shuhuan Peng, is a graduate of Columbia Teachers College. She holds both a Bachelors and a Masters of Music Education.
Frisco School of Music and Performing Arts, Early Childhood Music Teacher
Location: Frisco, TX
Date: Immediate opening
Early Childhood Music specialist to teach Music and Movement for students ages 3-6 in our Preschool/Kindergarten private school ~ The Musical Arts Schoolhouse.
Additional opportunities to teach piano and/or voice in the afternoon lesson schedule as well, depending on qualifications.
- Music Degree in Music Performance or Education, or completed coursework that shows specialized experience
- Piano proficiency
- Additional coursework/certifications in Musikgarten, Kindermusik, Music Together, Orff, Kodaly, Dalcroze a plus
- Classroom management experience with ages 3-6
- Cheery disposition, flexible
- Work well together with team of creative teachers
- Plan and prepare for several school year performances
To apply, email resume to email@example.com.
Hoff-Barthelson School of Music, Eurhythmics Instructor
Location: Scarsdale, NY
Areas of Responsibility
- Teach Dalcroze based classes within the School’s Early Childhood Music Program
- Prepare course materials including syllabi and homework assignments as appropriate.
- Maintain student attendance records and other required records.
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with colleagues (administration and faculty), students, and families.
- Teach Musicianship Classes for students grades 5+ as needed.
- Maintain compliance with the School’s Code of Conduct and with training that the School provides in Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for New York.
Please send a cover letter, three references (name, email, phone number, a brief description of your relationship, and the dates you worked together), and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is July 17.
Orchestrating Dreams - Washington Heights, Inwood & Harlem, Early Childhood Music Specialist
Location: New York, NY
The WHIN Music Project Early Childhood Program, a division of Orchestrating Dreams, is seeking an early childhood music specialist to lead music classes in preschools and daycare centers in Washington Heights, Inwood and Harlem. Ideal candidates will have training in Kodaly, Dalcroze and/or Orff methodology, experience planning and leading music classes for children ages 0-4, and feel confident working inclusively with preschool and daycare staff members.
Orchestrating Dreams provides high-quality innovative and adaptive educations programs to strengthen communities and help individuals develop a lifelong love for learning. We guide individuals to realize their full potential by providing music and family education, offering mentorships for teens and adults, and organizing cultural events in the community.
This is a part-time positing with a range of hours available, primarily mornings. Salary is $40/hr.
Please contact Michele Wolfson, Early Childhood Program Director, at: email@example.com