The mission, vision and values of the Dalcroze Society of America, a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation dedicated to promoting Dalcroze Education.
Updated October 21, 2021
The Dalcroze Society of America is a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation dedicated to promoting the artistic and pedagogical principles of Emile Jaques-Dalcroze through educational workshops, publications, financial and consultative assistance, and the encouragement of local chapters throughout the United States.
The DSA welcomes musicians, dancers, actors, therapists, and artist-educators who study and promote the Dalcroze Eurhythmics approach to music learning and performance.
The Dalcroze Society of America Vision
The Dalcroze Society of America works to ensure that a strong and vibrant community of practitioners and participants flourishes in the United States and benefits from the unique music and movement opportunities that the Dalcroze experience has offered the world for over 100 years.
The Dalcroze Society of America Mission
The DSA is dedicated to serving the following threefold purpose pertaining to the professional practice of Dalcroze Education, the extended global community of practitioners and institutions dedicated to this practice, and the general public’s awareness and appreciation of it. Accordingly, this purpose is meant to:
- Sustain and expand the professional practice of Dalcroze Education in the USA and in the world in the following ways:
- Assemble the resources Dalcroze Education needs to survive and grow, and make them accessible
- Facilitate the professional development and training of Dalcroze educators and artists
- Collaborate with and oversee the accreditation of Dalcroze training programs in the United States
- Strengthen our connections to the global community of practitioners and institutions dedicated to Dalcroze Education in the following ways:
- Enable individuals to connect and network with one another
- Work together with our global partners to achieve common goals and objectives
- Raise the general public’s awareness and appreciation of Dalcroze Education through the following means:
- Promote the artistic and pedagogical principles of Emile Jaques-Dalcroze
- Support educational workshops and publications through financial and consultative assistance
- Encourage growth of local chapters and study groups throughout the United States
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Dalcroze Society of America is committed to growing a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive community of Dalcroze practitioners.
The work we do is only possible with contributions from people like you.