Call for Proposals
The Dalcroze Society of America invites proposals to present sessions at its 2023 National Conference, “Together!,” January 13-15 at Baldwin Wallace University in Berea, Ohio.
Was your presentation accepted for the 2022 Conference? Confirm your session by August 29, 2022.
New or revised proposals are due September 18, 2022.
The Conference theme is “Together!” – an opportunity for the community to be together after the pandemic found us separated and often struggling for connection – even for those living in the same city! “Together!” will explore the myriad ways Dalcroze Education enhances group work, whether in a classroom, ensemble, chamber music, performance, or private lesson setting.
Conference sessions will be 45 or 60 minutes in length. We will also offer “Lightning Round” sessions, where presenters will offer a 10-15 minute exercise or idea on a given topic. Presenters may submit up to three proposals for workshops, performances, and/or presentations that relate to “Together!.” (If submitting multiple proposals, they should address different areas and different participant experience levels.) We welcome and encourage presenters with all levels of Dalcroze experience and training, including those working in other practices. Preference will be given to proposals that address the theme explicitly or implicitly.
Session content should be accessible to participants at all levels of Dalcroze experience.
Share your energy, ideas, and expertise with the Dalcroze community!
(This is an exhaustive but not complete list!)
- Dalcroze Eurhythmics
- Dalcroze Solfège
- Dalcroze Improvisation (Presenters should be aware that a keyboard lab with multiple pianos is available for the Conference.)
- Dalcroze Pedagogy (including teaching demonstrations, videos, etc…)
- Dalcroze Plastique Animée (live or recorded)
- Special Applications of Dalcroze Methods and/or Principles
- Dance Education and Performance
- Special Needs Students
- Private Lessons
- Group Instruction
- Rehearsal and Performance Techniques
- Theater, Drama, Acting Courses
- Collegiate Solfège/Theory Courses
- Arts integration
- Multi-cultural/Diversity application
- Other topics not listed are welcome!
Applications must include:
- Name, biographical information (150 word limit), and head shot (JPEG format)
- Proposed Title (3-8 words)
- Session Description (50 word limit); Performances should include estimated timing
- Outline of the workshop, performance, or presentation (PDF); description of how your presentation expresses the theme of “Together!”
- Equipment needs and/or technical requirements (piano, space to move, audio, audio-visual, etc.).
- Commitment to join the DSA.
*We do our best to accommodate presenters’ requests for length of sessions, but due to space and schedule limitations, the DSA reserves the right to adjust the length of accepted sessions.